Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Build A Better Blog

I have been taking a free course called 31 Days to Build a Better Blog from http://www.problogger.net/. Each day we are given a task to complete which should help to increase traffic to and comments on our blog pages. We are on day 8 and I must admit that it is working so far!

Day 1: Create an “elevator pitch” for your blog
Day 2: Create a “list” post for your blog
Day 3: Promote a specific post rather than your whole blog
Day 4: Analyze a successful blog in your area of interest
Day 5: Email a new reader of your blog
Day 6: Learn from successful bloggers about blogging
(reading list)
Day 7: Write a “link post”
Day 8: Interlink posts within your blog

I am very pleased with the results:

1. Learned a whole lot about blogging
2. Actually found focus by writing down my elevator pitch
3. The list post was fun to write and seems to have
generated more traffic and comments than I anticipated
4. Visited many blogs with similar interests I may never have found
5. Sent and received email from readers



5 comments:

  1. Sounds really interesting! Could you explain what an elevator pitch is? I was just curious. Looks like some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to head right over to problogger too! There are so many ins and outs to learn when it comes to blogging! Great post Linda:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, thank you for your lovely comment. This blog-building thing sounds really interesting, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really intriguing!

    I will have to take a look at problogger as well :-)

    Love your blog too!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete