Friday, March 20, 2009

Teton Pony






At the Soroptimists' annual Crab Feed in St. Helena in 2008, we were the lucky winners of an auction item...a house in Ennis, Montana for one week for 4 couples. As it turned out, only 4 of us could make the trip: Beth & Jon and Loyal and myself. The entire adventure was spectacular! We had never been to that part of the world and found it to be extraordinary in every way. On the way home, we loved seeing Yellowstone National Park (yes, the scars from the fires are still visible) and Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. I was happy to have my digital camera along and must have taken 900+ photos along the way. The photo of the pony shown above was taken at the Tetons. Since that time I have attempted to sketch some of the subjects of those photos; and then, being so pleased with myself that the pony sketch turned out as nice as it did, I then scanned it into Photoshop CS3 and created the digital layout.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by via SiTS... I love Montana and Wyoming, have been to both states several times. I esp love Yellowstone and have been there 4 times!! I love your artistic sketch of the pony and the final rendering, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Montana, but I have always wanted to visit there. That artwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete